Thursday, July 21, 2011

Real Life Love Challenge Entry-Here I am!

I had such a fun time coming up with something for Harlow Heslop's blogger inspiration challenge that I just had to participate in her most recent one!

The newest call to arms is the Real Life Love Challenge. The goal of this is totell everyone what we love about ourselves. Major esteem boosting going all around. What do we love about ourselves. What kind of person am I? If you feel comfortable enough to post a RL pic on your blog, have at it!


Okay... here goes...*holds her breath*

*****Sorry Picture has been removed******


It'sa me! I'll admit I've been sitting on this entry for a few hours now trying to come up with what exactly I wanted to say. I never realized how hard it was to talk about myself without sounding fake, conceited or even just silly. I followed in the footsteps of Harlow herself and chose a picture of something I remebered vividly. While the picture itself is just a simple close up cropped picture it does hold meaning for me. At the very moment this picture was taken my life changed, whether I realized it or not at the time.

On that day I met my other half. I took a deep breath and plunged head first into one of the best decisions I've made in my life. I am incredibly greatful for my ability to wear my heart on my sleeve and take risks. If I had been raised as a person who always did the safe thing and never went for what I wanted I would most certainly not be where I am today. I've always been someone who loves deeply and truly.

I've learned that while life may give you ups and downs most of the time they are stepping stones teaching us what we need to know for the rest of our lives.

Love yourself and love others. Sometimes nothing beats that. Thank you Harlow for giving us the chance to look deep into ourselves. Sometimes we spent so much time thinking about the bad things or others that we lose sight of what is most important.

1 comment:

Harlow Heslop said...

I so love this! Thank you so much for participating! <3