Sunday, July 3, 2011

LOTD-July 4th-ish

It's not quite July 4th yet but I decided to put a look together today as I will be visiting friends tomorrow! IMHO the garish American flag based outfits are evil. I understand everyone wants to be 'patriotic' but I feel there is a way to show the red white and blue theme without looking like you tore apart an old worn flag!


Warning: What you are about to see may be offensive to the photography lovers eye. I in  no way believe myself a master of photography. I just show it like it is!



I have to toot my own horn for a second here. At first I didn't even notice my patriotic flare until someone pointed it out! I just loved the splashy texture of the skirt itself. In fact I love this skirt so much I might go out and buy a few more. This is a rare thing for me. If anyone knows me I avoid certain types of SL clothes like the plague. While my shape is in no way 'hefty' I tend to have more hips and butt than most designers make allowances for. If you have ever had this problem then you know exactly what I'm talking about. Belts look like hover rings, skirts battle to contain my butt..It's a bit of a nightmare. So on normal days I stick to pants, tight skirts or the ever beloved alpha layer to get my fashionista on.

For real though Mon tissu skirts can run a bit small in the behind area so I was extremely pleased that all it too was a minor adjustment of skirt placement and I was set to go!

Here's a closeup on the hair and earrings!



What I'm wearing today:

Body:

Skin: League-Taylor-Sunkissed in Natural
Eyeliner: L.Fauna- Glitter Swipe (25L from 50% off sale. Still going as of today)
Lipstick: Vamp Lust- Sorry won this in a photo contest!
Shape: My own creation
Hair: Truth- Becky in Espresso (Truth District opening fatpack gift. Join group and click sign in store. Beware of lag) FREE
Lashes: Lelutka- 2011 lashes/natural
Eyes:.ID.-  Thank you gift FREE plus other cheapies and goodies available

Outfit:

Top: G Field- Lace tops "Lucy"-Ivory
Skirt: Mon Tissu- Gauzy Skirt- Tie dye
Shoes: [PM]- Fae [A]-White
Earrings: Exodi-  Nyla Earrings-Fire S&SH Hunt item FREE

That's all for now. Have a safe and fun weekend!

No comments: