Monday, April 8, 2013

The First Time is always...

I've been a bit under the weather this past week. It left me in a funk but Berry always seems to toss out a new meme to perk me back up again. Let's get personal!



Sometimes it's the firsts that escape us or they might be the ones who shape us. DO you remember?

Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following 10 questions and answers into your post. Delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to link your post in this meme’s comments so everyone can read yours!
  1. First SL Friend: Mace. I was super awkward and stood on the sidelines. He "protected" me from some random griefer who was hassling me and pretty much set me up in SL.
  2. First SL Kiss: NO idea. I just remember I was wandering this Asian Port and I saw this dude "frozen" so I went over to investigate. I noticed this little pink ball in front of him and I clicked it. We ended up in a lip lock. It was a little shocking for me!
  3. First SLex time/place/partner: Oh lawd. Some guy named Jace. He was the first person I had met who owned his own property. I was super thrilled when he invited me to spend some time there. We bumped pixel nasties and then afterwards he gave me a pic of it...So I'd always remember. *Facepalm*
  4. First SL Partner/Girlfriend/Boyfriend/Wife/Husband: I guess my first boyfriend was Cappo in early 2008. If that even counts. Since then it's been all about GC. We "hung out" for a long while. We partnered and married around my RL birthday in late 2008. Oh yeah and we got RL married in 2011!
  5. First SL Job: I was a really horrible dancer at a club called Club Matrix courtesy of Mace's friendship with Cappo.
  6. First SL Creation: Oh jeaz. I totally remember this! I was staying with my friend Dellie and she gave me rez rights. After some intense work up and conversation on the 'how to's' I made a pixel sand castle. It was pretty much a bunch of squares piled together. I searched for a "great" sand texture and spent hours putting it together and even took pictures of/with/in it. I was so excited to show everyone in their little community rental. The next morning someone returned it to me :/
  7. First Encounter with a Linden: I was in the really crowded sim and noticed someone in the mini map with a different colored dot than everyone else. I ran around chasing it until I happened upon a Linden. I was too afraid that I would say something stupid and get banned so I just sat there staring like a nut case. Smooth moves.
  8. First Encounter with a SLebrity:I know I've probably ran into a million of them before I had a clue who they were. The one that most sticks out is Rosemary from Cupcakes! WAYY back in the day we somehow started chatting. I don't even know why or how but it led to a rl facebook friend adding. It's one of those things that happened in like maybe 2009? We are probably more chatty now than we ever were before. SO.. yeah. Okay then.
  9. First SL Sim you fell in love with: I guess the first sim I fell in love with was The Bay. It was the hangout where I pretty much lived full time for a long time. Later on my first actual home was in mainland Kasba. GC owned a huge portion of it and gave me my first skybox. The sim itself isn't pretty or interesting but it holds a LOT of memories until we decided we couldn't keep paying out so much money. I regret giving up what we had as one person bought almost all of the sim and has never updated it. We actually bought a parcel on the edge of the sim right north of it in hopes this chick will someday give up her hold on what I’ve always considered my home.
  10. First SL Blog Post: Before I ever started my blog I wrote for Pure Magazine writing monthly "Sartorialist" pieces. When the magazine ended I decided to continue it through blog form. I think I maybe did one actual continuing piece and then dove face first into cute fashions. My first post was a little introduction.
It's funny how most of my memories are from my earliest days in SL. I've had tons since then but those firsts really stuck with me.

Sorry now total fashion pics this week but I did want to show off my Tied Up hair from (epoque hair). Sometimes SL hair can be a bit overwhelming and well.. pageant-ish. I was totally digging the casual tones of this. It's got a lot of RL love.

Hope you all enjoyed another dose of realisms. Please feel free to share your own!

4 comments:

Peep Sideshow said...

OK, so where are those "firsts" pics? :D

Khloe Nitely said...

Haha! You know I actually had a meltdown while writing that last night! I was like Yes old pictures of Khloe when she wore a blonde wig! I KNOW at some point I actually boxed up my old pictures. Gone. I had this huge "OMG NOOOO" moment when I remembered the mass inventory cleaning of 2010. I really did have some awesome pics... Like the one time some dude convinced me to "model his skins" Pretty much just so he could take naked pictures of me. So. Yeah. *Fistpump*

Anonymous said...

I think the next time I pay out that much in tier it'll be for a full sim. It's pretty bad to qualify for concierge support when you strictly own mainland!

I have *alllll* my pics. Even of you, Khlo ;)

Strawberry Singh said...

I have to admit I LOL'd at your suprise first kiss. Good thing it wasn't surprise buttsecks! hahahaha thanks for participating!