Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Behold: The One Skin Wonder!

 In fact, I've the same skin for over 2 years now.
I know. I knooooow. 

Most fashion bloggers or SL bloggers are in constant change mode. Different hair, different skin, different shapes. Not this gal. I think I am afraid of change. I'll admit that even I was a little shocked by my skin revelation. Granted I've worn said skin in different shades over time but it's been League all the way for me. It's actually entirely possible it's been longer than I think, too. I can only document/ remember as far back as my first blog entry in which I wear the exact same skin as I do right now.


It's not that I don't love skins. I do. I've bought hundreds, heck I've even been given some for reviews or personal opinion. Some were aweful. Some were beautiful. But none of them were ME.



This is ME!




I recently went on a skin haul. I've been feeling a little out of sorts lately so I figured it was time for a change. I spent a while tweaking my shape. I generally only do a few facial feature changes because aside from sometimes feeling too thin- I like my SL body. My face is always up for a little change though. After what felt like forever I felt I was done. Whenever I change my shape I tend to compare before and after. Wouldn't you know it looked almost EXACTLY the same. *sigh* I guess I like what I like. Anyhow my skin haul was pretty much an epic failure. I went around grabbing demos and cheapies from places I know and like , and even some I didn't know so well. I even unearthed a few I'd grabbed recently but never really tried. OMG.

I either looked like I had too much Botox.



Or a bad facelift.



Or a flushed..glow?


Or my personal fav... the too high... .



I seriously can NOT change my skin. I've tried. Everything looks too insane. I've tried wearing most of these and tweaking my shape into something usable but it never hits the spot. I prefer a natural skin (no makeup) as I like to add my own. I find a lot of skins look overly highlighted or way too flat. The search continues!

FYI: There were 2 demos in the bunch. I smeared out the demo part so as not to totally piss off any designer. The skins are all nice on their own- They just do not work for me!

Are you a one skin wonder too? Have a suggestion? Let me know!

Also please excuse my lighting. I didn't realize I had a lamp on until after I finished. Oh wellll

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you love your tried and trusted skin, then wear it with pride. I think the first pic of your face is just lovely and as you say, it's YOU.