Monday, April 22, 2013

Why do I Blog: An Monday Meme





Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers to your post, delete my answers and input your own. Try not to swear at Berry in your head for having so many questions this week and don’t forget to leave a comment in this meme’s post so others can come by and read your answers as well!
  1. How long have you been blogging? Since July 2011
  2. Why did you start blogging? The fall before the magazine I had worked for closed. During my time as a writer there I found I was able to really let myself go and vent sometimes. I had held hope of the mag coming back, but it didn't. I really wanted a way to express myself, vent and connect with others. So I decided to join the mash of blogs!
  3. How many times a week do you post an entry? That varies. When I have a lot to say and show I could blog every day. Other times I just need a break or have nothing new to post so I shut down for a while. With these Monday Memes I've been able to at least get one a week!
  4. How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? A lot! I have a standard set of blogs I enjoy on fashion and freebies, but I am also in love with story blogs!The mnore I read entries from other memes the more I 'collect' other blogs. This is pretty much true for RL as well.
  5. Do you comment on other people’s blogs? Occasionally. Most often I'm shy about it, But When I feel something I do try to show it. Same goes for RL. I wish more folks would reach out and connect.
  6. Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? Most often, I do. It's pathetic but I get a thrill out of knowing people actually READ what I write. It's nice to know that I'm not just out here talking to myself sometimes.
  7. Did you ever regret a post that you wrote? Sometimes. I know there are times when I rant in anger or may write something snarky. Sometimes I'll feel guilty afterwards. Most often I'll start to write a blog like that and never actually publish it. It let's me vent without actually exposing my insane qualities to others :P!
  8. Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog? Who knows! People see what they want to see.
  9. Do you blog under your real name? I did a long time ago. I was having a lot of high school angst and dealing with my mom's illness. I needed an escape outlet. There are times I wish I could find that blog again. As for now I only blog under my Second Life name.
  10. Are there topics that you would never blog about? Some, I'm sure. I try most not to disrespect anyone. I also try to avoid topics I can't connect with. If I don't "feel" it, it's hard to be truthful.
  11. What is the theme/topic of your blog? Uhmmm. I guess Second Life too. I mean everything within the blog has to do with something in SL. I rarely write about RL so.. yeah. OKay then!
  12. Do you have more than one blog? If so, why? Nope! I've been debating something in RL but not yet. I sometimes find there is too little of me to spread around as it is.
  13. What have you found to be the benefits of blogging? It’s helped me connect with others! I'm met a lot of people and found a lot of places I probably never would have otherwise. It's let me expand as a person as well!
  14. So, why do you continue to blog? I ask myself this a lot! There have been a lot of frustrating times that I came close to throwing in the towel. But there's always something to say or share. 

This is actually a pretty decent meme to bring up a topic I've been trying to bring up.

In the past few weeks I've been getting a lot of traffic. I love this. It makes me feel good to know someone out there is reading my words. I never think of myself as a writer or a photographer- Heck I'll be the first to admit I pretty much stink at it. SO it makes me feel all happy inside that even one person bothered to read something I put out there, let alone came back for more! OMG.

That being said, I've noticed an increase of...I guess requests is the best way to put it. I'm loving that people want to consider me for review copies and events. That is SO awesome. I'm really honored to share in other's excitement! There is, however, one type of notice I don't love as much. I've been getting a LOT of people who send me random IMs. A lot of them want me to read their blogs, give them free items from my store without going through the proper channels or sell me advertising. I'm all for finding new blogs. I even love giving bloggers items I've made. I have rules about how I do it and an IM out of the blue from someone I don't know with a list of items is NOT how I do things! I also don't like being targeted in some free advertising scheme though. New bloggers need all the help they can get but I find it uncomfortable when someone sends me something like "I want you to subscribe to my blog. Please read me". This feels like begging and it makes me NOT want to read someone's blog.

So.. I guess what I'm trying to say is... Please feel free to connect. Please feel free to consider me if you think we are truly a good fit. Please don't beg me. Don't beg to sell me items or advertisements. If I want them I am capable of finding them on my own. I don't know. I hope that came out okay. I don't want to offend people, but it needs to be out there. okay. Yeah. Until next time lovelies!

5 comments:

Peep Sideshow said...

I can't imagine asking anyone for free items. There have been times I've seen a fashion designer in world and I've IM'd them just to tell them how much I like something or things they've created and they've given me something from their collection. I have actually stopped doing this, because I feel guilty about receiving the gift. I don't want people to think I'm complimenting them for any other reason than I really do like their work :)

Khloe Nitely said...

See! That's exactly how I feel. I don't think I've ever really asked anyone for items. I love bloggers and actually I'm usually afraid to even approach a blogger to offer my designs. I used to take blogger requests but I got hit with a scammer and it made me feel icky. Now suddely my views spike a bit and I'm getting almost demands for free things. It's just strange. I've never been in it myself for the free goodies.

Alicia Chenaux said...

Deer Kreater, I lik ur stuf. Plz giv me ur stuf 4 my blog. Im gud blugger, so u sponser me and u will sell all teh thingz. kbye.

:-D

Unknown said...

I love your pic for this post and really enjoyed reading what you had to say.

I just can't bring myself to ask for anything in SL and that's why I'm poor (lol) but at least I know I'm an independent blogger who isn't tied to anyone. I like that. If anyone does send me thing however, I really try hard to blog it because for some reason, they chose me to promote their goods.

Strawberry Singh said...

THANK YOU for the rant at the end. It definitely needs to be said as those kinds of bloggers are not doing anyone a favor, especially themselves or other bloggers.