Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Just Another Monday Meme- Computer Specs
Heyyyy darlings! Long time no see!! I've finally gotten my crazy internet woes handled so I thought I would take the time to participate in a Berry Monday Meme!!
1. Share any of your computer specs (video card, memory, etc..) Click here if you don’t know any of those things or just share the year you bought it.
TO be totally honest, I don't know what any of this means. I usually let my techy hubs pick out everything and slap it together, but we'll give it a go!
My computer is a hodgepodge of things my husband has built and rebuilt for me over the years. I've got about 2 terabytes of memory, AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1045T Processor × 6, GeForce GTX 550 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 and I currently run on Unbuntu 12.04 64-bit (man i need to update).
2. Which viewer do you use most often?
I use Firestorm, the 64-bit for Linux. I've used Firestorm for a long time so I'm a little biased. Plus as a kid I need a viewer that supports the RLV for my Yuus/Nuuu Hud.
3. What is your FPS (Frames Per Second) when you have your graphics on ultra?
I actually generally tend to avoid Ultra settings because the tend to make my PC run hot (I need a new fan if my plane take off sounding monster is any indication). However when I run my own customized settings i run about 60+. At Ultra It drops to..18 which is tolerable for pictures and stuff.
4. How often does Second Life crash for you? Is it usually just a viewer crash or your whole system crashes? What are you usually doing at the moment of the crash?
Really the only time I crash is when my internet drops me, which really isn't my PC's fault. We've switched providers over the past few weeks so hopefully that will end! Super full and over scripted sims can *sometimes* be an issue but not horribly
5. Do you know of any tips or tricks in the settings that would improve performance?
I really don't, but lawd I could use all the help I can get! When something gets slower or uncool I tend to screech until hubster comes over and clicks on things. I don't even remember what normal settings are like any more :O